Just in from London: Congestion Pricing improves Pedestrian Safety
- Pedestrian Deaths decreased by 7% in 2005 and pedestrian light injuries decreased by 8%
- In New york , this would translate in 10 less deaths and 880 less injuries annually !
With only 4 days left, It is crunch time in Albany
We need your Help to win
Take 5 minutes to FAX these 9 Assembly Members
|William F. Boyland, Jr
|Joan L. Millman
|Joseph R. Lentol
|Darryl C. Towns
|Audrey I. Pheffer
|Keith L.T. Wright
If you prefer to call, the phone numbers are above. Here is a possible script:
Hello my name is … I am calling to ask Assembly member …… to vote in favor of the congestion pricing bill .
We are experiencing high rate of asthma . Pedestrian are killed and injured on a regular basis.
This is a time to vote for the greater good, to improve mass transit, pedestrian safety and reduce asthma.
If 5 % of the commuters is inconvenienced, we feel it it small price to pay for a better future.
We beg the assembly member to vote in favor of the bill .
Congestion Pricing will help Clinton Hell’s Kitchen
- to reduce the number of individual cars ,
- to free up pedestrian bicycle and bus space to implement bus only lanes
- to improve air quality and reduce our high level of asthma ( the second highest in Manhattan after Harlem according to the Department of Health)
- to enforce gridlock laws
- by adding buses to the M104 an M42 routes and new cars for the A, C and E lines
- to support our vision of 9th Avenue
Congestion is the only way to
obtain immediately $ 345 Million in Federal funding for transit Improvements
to raise $ 30 Billion in transportation Capital funding
Congestion pricing is democratic
- only 6% of the population commutes by car and 80% of those do so by choice and not by necessity .
- the average revenue of a car commuter is about 25% higher than a bus commuter .
|Congestion Pricing – Quick summary
|Congestion Pricing Explained
|Congestion Pricing Bill
|MTA Capital plan & Congestion Pricing
|CB4 Resolution on Congestion Pricing