Take Action: File Complaints with NJ Transit Buses

Every weekday afternoon our neighborhood is overrun by New Jersey Transit buses: they congest our streets, block our crosswalks, and ruin our quality of life. This problem is not just a nuisance it is a pedestrian safety issue.

We have reached out to the NYPD for assistance and have seen little improvement. It’s time for us to take a different approach, and the first step is to begin filing formal complaints with New Jersey Transit. Every time you witness a New Jersey Transit bus creating an unsafe traffic condition file a complaint on the NJT website

NJT bus Information
Be sure to include the date and time of the incident, the route and bus number, and as much detail as possible, the form also allows you to include an attachment, so take pictures. Keep track of the complaint information in case its needed at a later date. You can log the complaint # in the comments section of this post . The more complaints we lodge with New Jersey Transit the stronger our case will be when we request assistance from New Jersey Transit and our elected officials in finally resolving this dangerous situation. So start filing complaints and share this information with your networks.

This entry was posted in CHEKPEDS, Clean Air, Congestion, pedestrian, Transit and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

72 Responses to Take Action: File Complaints with NJ Transit Buses

1. Stoimen says:

Buss 159r from Fort Lee, NJ always late, today like many other times late 45min. I can believe this happening in USA.
    The greatest country in the world.

2. Robert M Haywood says:

NJ transit lmao you guys are laughable and I know this complaint will go no where. Im sure none of you will even read it. Im gonna start organizing to get these complaints dealt with. Today I had the worst day of being involved with your company as a customer. I had court in Patterson today and used your 190 bus route to get there from Secaucus WOW its sad that your drivers care not one little bit for their riders. They often put our lives at risk with their HURRY HURRY HURRY attitude. speeding up to the stops, hitting the breaks really hard because they are simply traveling way to fast. I had your diver try to beat a light in Patterson today at Main and Grand Ave in trying to beat the light he drover around a smaller bus that was stopped at the stop (the whole time my wife and I were waving him down but he tried to pass us) the only reason we were even able to board the buss was because he did not make it (trying to beat the red light) Then as we were boarding he spoke in a nasty way to my wife telling her that she needs to wave her hand to stop the bus much earlier. what the hell. we were both waving he just did not want to stop. This so called man was very nasty in the way he spoke to my wife. Im on parole and if I was not I would have yanked him off the bus and showed him that you do not talk to a woman in that manor. My wife even though still treated this jerk with respect. I kept my mouth shut because I dont want to go back to prison for killing one of your drivers. Is there a problem with what you pay them? (the drivers) do you guys over work them? what seems to be the problem. Many of your drivers talk to people like they are less than human. Let me ask this would you like a waiter serving your food to you to be nasty and treat you like you have no rights? I thought not. Now that your divers are protected by the law just a little bit more (yes I looked into how much trouble I’d get in for rearranging your drivers face) they seem to feel they are untouchable. well I’d like to let you know that much of the way they drive and behave is just way over what should be acceptable from a large company that says in some of its advertising that it makes “streets safer” and ” Less traffic”"less stress” how do you guys figure this. because one thing for damn sure is the streets are a lot less safe with your drivers on it. I filed a complaint today about this man whom also called me an asshole as I was getting off the bus. he did this all just because I said to him “i’d tell you to have a nice day but you probably cant because you are so miserable” and your driver yells at me in front of his bus load of passengers “YOUR AN ASSHOLE” its really nice to see that many of your bus drivers seem to have mental health issues. you are opening a can of worms in not doing anything about all the complaints on your web site. I’ll tell you why. Im going to look into this and have lots of time to pick thru all your web sites and phone numbers to see just how I can get on the phone to start shaking things up a bit. and if that dont work Ill find other ways to DEAL WITH YOU. Im so tired of paying a lot of money and getting the worst possible service I can get. Some of your drivers are very good people but your company seems to be hiring from the bottom of the barrel. Im going to start video taping this specific driver because this is not the first time I have had words with this man. he is nasty hateful and racist. I know you will doubt this because everyone says black people cant be racist. that is laughable. your diver even called me white trash. how that works when I wear a suite that cost more than anything he has ever owned is beyond me. that being said i will catch him doing these things on video and I will be posting them all over the net and showing the mayors (of which Im friends with) in three towns the route 190 goes thru Im so sure that this will have some fall out at some point and some jobs will be lost actually Im looking forward to it NO im gonna make it happen. You now have an enemy and a formidable one at that. Im gonna make it my business to start getting this behavior on tape and I’ll even send copies to the local and New York News stations. Im sure they would be interested in a driver using racial slurs to his passengers. Lets go Game on

3. Marie says:

NJ Transit bus 78 Secaucus to Newark drivers should always have the ok to call if 280 is backed up with traffic and not have their passengers sit on a bus for a extra hour. this happen last night at 4;25 pm going toward the Harrison exit we asked the driver to call to get a ok to detour and he would not do it. this is not the type of service that you should be given. bus # was 5830 driver # 490230. please handle this and let the drivers call when their is backup on traffic on 280. thank you.

4. Jasmine jones says:

The rus route 5917 is the worsest ride I been on , we almost got into plenty of accidents, she drives to fast ,ran helps stop signs

5. Ivon canales says:

Bus 6 denial to stop at corner of pearsall ave and ocean ave at 1:54 on octubre 19 2016 I’m sure bus driver saw me wast’n no obtacles in the bus stop

6. Will Report says:

Location: Kinderkamack, River Edge, NJ
    Bus#: 7715
    Date: 10/19/2016
    Time: 6:30 AM
    Bus Route taken: I don’t know it, but it could very well be from New Milford to Paramus
    Origin: I think New Milford
    Destination: Well the incident happened in River Edge

I take this route on Kinderkamack Road through River Edge every day to go to work in the morning. Every single day there is an incident just like this one and even worse, I have seen people go into on-coming traffic lanes to avoid these buses when they pull off a bus stop. This morning the same thing happened and I am just so fed up with the buses pushing their weight around and risking the lives of me, my family, friends, and public. The video clearly shows the hazard lights on while the bus is pulled over to load passengers so I am driving and going to pass on the left hand side, than the driver guns it off of the bus stop as though I never existed with his hazard lights still on. By the time the driver is in my lane with no respect to my life or those behind me, he/she than takes off the hazard lights and put their left blinker on? TOO LATE… could of killed someone. I had to slam my brake pedal to avoid this close accident. Please take care of this matter in a strict and swift manner, this is happening every single day everywhere. You can start with this driver as an example. Attached to this, I will be sending a screenshot from the dash-cam footage that clearly shows the Bus# as well.

Dash-cam/Video:

Please remind these drivers that what they do is a “SERVICE”, not a death sentence to others on the road.

Thank you.

Picture attached:

7. Piotr says:

the bus route 160 from elmwood park to ny i live in garfield its sunday afternoon im going for a work interview to the city i get to the bus stop 15 min before so i wont missed it and what happen ? bus came late 15 min and when i was wave my hand so the bus can stop he just passed by me like nothing i was jumping and waving but he skipped the bus stop . the next bus is in the next 1 h 20 min because is sunday so i missed my interview for work i wont let this go without any consequences for a driver

8. Jamie says:

The 154 is late as usual. To and from the city. I’ve been here since 745pm trying to get home. The 8pm never came so now after my loooong day I have to wait for the 9pm? This is brutal man please fix this!!!

9. Tara says:

Your 551 driver from Atlantic City is very very rude and disrespectful. She is late boarding and late leaving everyday. I also blame the guy who backs the buses out. He is ALWAYS LATE. And this driver never ever has a name plate. Everyday is a problem with her attitude. And forget leaving on time. Then she wants to race down the expressway to make up for leaving late. Absolutely riduculous. I have a monthly bus pass and its so aggrevating. This needs to be addressed IMMEDIATELY!

10. Douglas Bader says:

The 320 North Bergen park and ride 611 am bus was a no show so I just wanted to thank NJT for my time wasted standing in the cold for 40 minutes with over 60 people people also trying to get to work. Oh and the Best part is two NJT buses drive by us with the out of service light on just to add more irritation to our morning.
    Thanks NJT
    DB

11. Adam says:

The 160 bus that goes from Elmood park to NYC is always late in the morning . Today the 6:15 bus didn’t show up until 6:30 am . I was waiting at midland ave Wallington all the morning . Would you get this bus organized ? It s Shane that the monthly payments increase and service is bad . This is winter and it s had to wait in the cold for late bus drivers !!! It a bit hard to send bus drivers on time ! Do your job right !

12. Jc says:

Since I seem to be having the same problems as listed above and nobody’s in your company seems to want to do anything about it I’m going to accidentally throw my hot coffee on your driver. Had similar issues above nasty abusive drivers. Hope they like fresh black coffee. I will claim oops maybe you should slow down and your face wont be scolded. Fight these lowlifes!

13. Dan G. says:

NJ Transit bus coming off GSP Cranford exit at 7:30 AM.
    Cut me off while turning into left lane and ran a red light off Route 28 heading to Cranford at 7:35 AM.
    Eventually, this so-called driver will get into an accident.

14. Dan G. says:

Just wanted to add from my prior statement.
    License on the bus was OYA8744.
    Beware anyone who drives this route of this unsafe driver.

15. Carlos says:

Bus 160T express from fairLawn/saddle brook. There is a 650am that is always late, the supposedly 710am that doesn’t get to N Midland Av until 715-718 which is when another express is scheduled to go past there. Always late. Today I am at the bus stop before 710 and I don’t get to port authority until 845am? Wtf this is only getting worse. Does anyone want to get together and start gathering signatures to try and really make a change… does anyone know where we can start official complaints? It seems that after reading many of the posts here real change needs to be happen.

16. Jc says:

Today 722 driver was 35 minutes late. After giving up and walking back. Saw the bus and flagged it. He stopped. He said find a sign. I said i waited over a half hour and was walking back to call. He said fuck you sit down. I asked for his name. He said my name is fuck you. I said i pay for a ride. I expect a ride thats it. You were late im not waiting forever. He then threated me. Saying dont worry ill get you next time. I demanded off the bus. He once again said Fuck you. At the next stop i got off but he was cute and tried to get my foot jammed in the door. There wont be a next time grant you i will have my car fixed and will be persuing a lawsuit against Coach USA. Since they hire abusive gangbangers and terrorist.

17. Drizzle says:

Judging by the comments here this is looking like grounds for a very large class action lawsuits. Lawsuits like this can be very detrimental to the companies future. If there really is no intent of this company to resolve any issues than that would be tge result. I recommend taking police reports. Enough record of incidence can get the ball rolling and peoples damages paid.

18. Robert Haywod says:

this is the kind of stuff you experience every day with NJ transit the drivers are horrible

19. roby noel says:

21 bus 41 bus are unreliable always fuccin late tired of long waits its dangerous in these Newark streets always late but want all this money for passes just so done with it

20. J says:

I do not know what the problem is that drivers on the 39 bus have, but they pull off too damn quick, and never on time regardless of where you wait. The other day one committed a dangerous turn. This took place on 40st, irvington. The license plate oxy4505. I never seen bus drivers so quick to get into traffic without least checking. Someone needs to set them straight, cause i already change buses because of their irresponsible service.

21. Tonny M. says:

This bus driver (407) #5932 12/16/16 @ 10:30pm. On 27th and federal st. Cross lane with me with out signal and ran me out on to on coming traffic. I couldn’t f@#$ believe that NJ transit allow these idiot to operate such vehicle. Wtf!!!

22. Tyron says:

NJ Transit in Wayne, NJ is the worst bus service!! It is never on time. I can understand five minutes, but 30 minutes is ridiculous. I STRONGLY suggest new bus drivers be hired or new schedules be created. It make no since that these drivers cannot abide by the schedule they make. I don’t know if they are skipping bus stops, but this is the second time it has been almost an hour on a WEEK DAY! At least two buses should come an hour. This is ridiculous. You got me all the way messed up if I’m paying the full bus fare. Until bus drivers can come on time, NJ will be getting half the fare.