The Traffic Congestion Commission is holding hearings to take public comments on its interim report before making a final recommendation
You can read the interim report by clicking below
YOU MUST REGISTER ASAP TO SPEAK – See link below to register
Persons wishing to submit testimony needs to complete RSVP form and bring 20 copies of any prepared statement at the hearing registration desk.
|January 16 , 2008, 4:00pm
Hunter College Auditorium , East 69th Street btw Park & Lexington
Subway 4, 5, 6 Stop @68th Street
Congestion Pricing will help Clinton Hell’s Kitchen
- to reduce the number of individual cars ,
- to free up pedestrian bicylce and bus space
- to improve air quality and reduce our high level of asthma ( the second highest in Manhattan after Harlem according to the Department of Health)
- to rebalance Lincoln Tunnel, Holland Tunnel and Verrazano bridge’s truck traffic
- to enforce gridlock laws
- to support our vision of 9th Avenue
Congestion Pricing is the only way to
- obtain immediately $ 345 Million in Feederal fuding for transit Improvements
- to raise $ 30 Billion in transportation Capital funding
Congestion pricing is democratic
- only 6% of the population commutes by car and 80% of those do so by choice and not by necessity .
- the average revenue of a car commuter is about 25% higher than a bus commuter .